The mentality of our PvPers.

Fadoka

Jr. Trainer
If you sit down while relaxing and thinking deeply for a little while, you will find out that Nintendo didn't actually set Pokemon player vs. player for kids. It's made for smart mature beings that can actually put a huge variation of strategies and playstyles.

I always say, a PvP consists of three parts which goes like: 25% Team making, 25% in battle gameplay and 50% mentality. This whole 50% of the mentality is what is missing in our PvPers from what I've seen lately. The perfect Pvper is the player that behaves, that is pretty mature and picks a friendship and fun through every battle he goes through.

When such PvPer misses a move, he thinks if he should use it again or make a different play like a switch or a different move. Instead they complain. If you want to be a PvPer then drop the complain part completely. When pokemon creators made pokemon, they did put a range of missing moves so that it would make the game more interesting. Turns out that the kids don't understand the concept of having fun. I've seen cases that complain all day when they miss a move. Even lately this past week I've seen a case that complains when his opponent his all the moves he's supposed to be hitting in the perfect conditions. This is horrible. If such players focus on their mistake and misplays, they would do better. They have the potential to improve but they don't get the best of person out of themselves because they lose focus on targets so easy.

From what I know... Losing is the beginning of winning. There is no winner that did not lose. Once you lose you direct your energy and frustration towards improving. But instead, they bark like dogs calling other players lucky. They don't even revise which part they screwed up with on the battle so they would improve when the scenario repeats next time. When you lose, take the momentum towards winning instead of disappearing. And once this is done, you're a better version of yourself.

The Pvpers that burnout and don't say "good game" after the battle is over especially when the opponent says it, if you don't show sportsmenship and if you don't mean it, get prepared to get struck by Karma right after. Grow up and be a sports man.

The kids that think they are good while they are hiding around behind old buffed glory that didn't include a real challenge. Keep hiding, don't join tournaments and don't try to prove that you still have it, that's the right action that a chicken does when the farmer goes in the farm anyway. Prove it instead of hiding behind walls and saying words that you don't even understand. Step up and fight.

The egoistic heads that don't help the newbies when they need help. Those ones who feel so big to even talk to people. Well, those are worse than a tauros wastes.

Those PvPers that mock a bad move/play that an opponent made, this is a horrible thing. I've seen people doing it in purpose thinking they are cool. Feed your ego, you still have a ton to screw and you'll be laughed at more than those who you laughed at.

These PvPers that don't finish what they start. They quit in the middle of the battle or in other occasions that concludes the same meaning. If you don't have a goal, don't try to improve.

Anything else is left to be said?

Last edited:

Prof.Rygar

Youngster
I know I'm terrible in many ways, but believe it or not, I am infinitely improved from 10 years ago.

That being said, I have little room to talk about this subject. Other than, certain players make battling them fun, and other battlers end up doing the opposite.

I'd also like to have my PvP stats permanently hidden and/ or deleted.

Fadoka

Jr. Trainer
I know I'm terrible in many ways, but believe it or not, I am infinitely improved from 10 years ago.

That being said, I have little room to talk about this subject. Other than, certain players make battling them fun, and other battlers end up doing the opposite.

I'd also like to have my PvP stats permanently hidden and/ or deleted.

As long as everyone is sensing the improvement then this is what's really needed. Always hope for more as well.

gingerprimarina

Youngster
As long as everyone is sensing the improvement then this is what's really needed. Always hope for more as well.
I hope they keep all their negativities aside. Keep having fun and enjoy battling. Never sway from the mindset of a true sportsman.

AsianKid

Youngster
Gonna drop my two cents now and invest the rest of the 98 cents into my next release.

By the way, here's a sneak peek:
1632087953372.png

The wording could be better (as always), but I do understand the position Fad is coming from. Player mentality and sportsmanship have been a pain point throughout this whole tourney. Whether it's the lack of patience, accusations of stalling, or generally obtrusive behavior - I've sensed a trace of animosity. Not to say that these things are unwarranted; I'm sure lads do not say something or feel a type of way without reason. I'm not here to point fingers because I'm not without my own faults.

That being said, I hope we come to realize that this PvP is meant to be all in good fun. The pressures to do well because of a grand prize pool may not be conducive to this objective but you should not be obsessed over winning to the point that it ruins your experience. PvP is meant to explore all kinds of strategies, pokemon, and the ingenuity of fellow trainers. Just because your hyper-offensive team gets walled by a stall team does not mean you should go around talking down on lads. Just because you consider it "boring" or the usual reason "not fun" is no reason for you to judge their character. Just because you miss a move or don't get the status effect you wanted should not be the topic of why your opponents' victory was a hoax.

Anyways, I'll leave this here for those who feel the need to post something:

“Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.”

― Charles R. Swindoll

AK~

Prof.Rygar

Youngster
I just want everyone to know that I want to say something, but I'm not saying a bunch of things that's on my mind because I want credit for shutting up. lmao

That is part of the progress I talked about.

Fadoka

Jr. Trainer
I just want everyone to know that I want to say something, but I'm not saying a bunch of things that's on my mind because I want credit for shutting up. lmao

That is part of the progress I talked about.

Then you can have a credit for shutting up and improving yourself. Hats off ez.

Degesinho

Youngster
Website
www.twitch.tv

-
wnHNKYv.jpg

-

ImTachi

Youngster
If you sit down while relaxing and thinking deeply for a little while, you will find out that Nintendo didn't actually set Pokemon player vs. player for kids. It's made for smart mature beings that can actually put a huge variation of strategies and playstyles.

I always say, a PvP consists of three parts which goes like: 25% Team making, 25% in battle gameplay and 50% mentality. This whole 50% of the mentality is what is missing in our PvPers from what I've seen lately. The perfect Pvper is the player that behaves, that is pretty mature and picks a friendship and fun through every battle he goes through.

When such PvPer misses a move, he thinks if he should use it again or make a different play like a switch or a different move. Instead they complain. If you want to be a PvPer then drop the complain part completely. When pokemon creators made pokemon, they did put a range of missing moves so that it would make the game more interesting. Turns out that the kids don't understand the concept of having fun. I've seen cases that complain all day when they miss a move. Even lately this past week I've seen a case that complains when his opponent his all the moves he's supposed to be hitting in the perfect conditions. This is horrible. If such players focus on their mistake and misplays, they would do better. They have the potential to improve but they don't get the best of person out of themselves because they lose focus on targets so easy.

From what I know... Losing is the beginning of winning. There is no winner that did not lose. Once you lose you direct your energy and frustration towards improving. But instead, they bark like dogs calling other players lucky. They don't even revise which part they screwed up with on the battle so they would improve when the scenario repeats next time. When you lose, take the momentum towards winning instead of disappearing. And once this is done, you're a better version of yourself.

The Pvpers that burnout and don't say "good game" after the battle is over especially when the opponent says it, if you don't show sportsmenship and if you don't mean it, get prepared to get struck by Karma right after. Grow up and be a sports man.

The kids that think they are good while they are hiding around behind old buffed glory that didn't include a real challenge. Keep hiding, don't join tournaments and don't try to prove that you still have it, that's the right action that a chicken does when the farmer goes in the farm anyway. Prove it instead of hiding behind walls and saying words that you don't even understand. Step up and fight.

The egoistic heads that don't help the newbies when they need help. Those ones who feel so big to even talk to people. Well, those are worse than a tauros wastes.

Those PvPers that mock a bad move/play that an opponent made, this is a horrible thing. I've seen people doing it in purpose thinking they are cool. Feed your ego, you still have a ton to screw and you'll be laughed at more than those who you laughed at.

These PvPers that don't finish what they start. They quit in the middle of the battle or in other occasions that concludes the same meaning. If you don't have a goal, don't try to improve.

Anything else is left to be said?
Can't believe u really write this long text o_O