Client 1.98.3 / Victory Road

LunaticJames

Content maker
HeyHey,

An invitation has been sent to all players.
You have been formally invited to travel to the Indigo City to take on the Elite 4, and the Champion.

Beyond the reception gate lies Victory Road. Though you will need help getting through.
See either of the competing trainers at Lake of Rage, or at Cinnabar Volcano Island, to get underway. Only if you prove yourself good enough will you receive the help you need to progress Victory Road.
We also hear there is a man strong enough to move boulders with his bare hands in Victory Road also, but he will only show up if you really need him. Surely you have the Strength to also move boulders with your bare hands?

The Elite 4 will also be structured to have an 8 badge variant, and a 16 badge variant. All players will be doing the 8 badge variant on their first go even if they have 16 badges. Afterwards all subsequent attempts will need 16 badges. There is also a bonus for beating the Elite 4 the first time if you are social enough ;)

Progress going forwards is also modified. To progress to the next region you will need 8 badges, and at least 1 Elite 4 Completion. The Route 23 train is also only unlocked once you reach it for the first time, so no skipping Victory Road D<

Enjoy and good luck.

1.98.3 update log
  • Added new emoticons - :eek: :angry: zzz and more
  • Added Emoticons folder into /Interface
    • The original emoticons are still supported and work as before. Skin artists should note, however, that the "Smile.png" file has also been moved into /Interface/Emoticons
  • Added new ignored users tab from the list button
  • Added updated Options.png interface file
  • Fixed an error where you can be stuck within an invisible battle if a user accepts your battle request when you're already in a battle
  • Fixed NPCs from not responding when there is another NPC next to your character but not facing your direction
  • Fixed black text incorrectly showing as white
  • Pokémon summary screen can now be set to appear after catching a Pokémon by using '/pkmnsummary'. This setting will be saved.
  • 'Stop ignoring' replaces the 'ignore' option on the right-click menu when the user is already ignored
  • 'Unfriend' replaces the 'friend' option on the right-click menu when already friends
  • You can now disable chat bubbles, emoticons and staff tags in the options
  • Additional back-end changes, bug fixes and more

Code:
AipomSurprised - :o
BulbasaurSilly - :P
BunearyFlirt - ;*
CharAngry - >;(
ChikoritaSmile - :)
ChimcharCool - 8)
CroagunkSick - ;x
EeveeDazzled - *-*
HaunterTease - >:P
JigglyLOL - 8D
MankeyRage - D:<
MarillPlainFace - :# or :|
MedititeThinking - :L
MeowthEvil - >:)
MisdreavusWink - ;)
MudkipCrazy - ;P
PachirisuNinja - -.-
PikachuExcited - :D
PiplupHappy - ^^
PlusleMinunHug - (>^^)^^<)
PoliwagWorry - 8o
PsyduckConfused - @.@
RattataSquint - ><
ScytherSuspicious - <<
SnorlaxTired - zzz
SquirtleEmbarrassed - :S
TeddySad - :(
TogepiCry - T.T
TotodileHungry - :q
TreeckoWoot - \o

1DD4hhL.png

Link to download here
Note - Run PWO as Administrator if encountering any graphic issues, such as some icons not showing, or skins being weird.

Last edited:

Cleveland

Youngster
Am I missing anything from this update?

-Victory Road
-Mew battle (is there a way to battle him again? I lost...)
-Masterball
-Elite 4 (x2)
-Johto egg

Sorey

Read the NPCs dialogues, pls
Staff member
Game Editor
Am I missing anything from this update?

-Victory Road
-Mew battle (is there a way to battle him again? I lost...)
-Masterball
-Elite 4 (x2)
-Johto egg

Mew shall appear for you again in about 7 days.

Darren.

Youngster
can we get a clue every month ? or no one will find it haha

Klay

Youngster
Hi, I need confirmation for Probopass, that's for a friend who wants to complete his pokédex, thanks

DH94

Youngster
So, I guess it's not a rumor after all. But did you evolve it in the Victory Cave? Hmmm... interesting...So, if Nosepass can be evolved without a magnetic field, can Magneton evolve?
I evolved it in slowpoke well, so map dont seem to mether.
Klay this is real :) another pokedex entry for those of us who care