Client 1.98.2 / The Elite 4

LunaticJames

Content maker
Hello once again :D

Making hopefully the last transparency update to this thread now. Future updates will likely take place on the next Client update thread.

Testing has now completed, as you might have caught us doing over the weekend for those seeing staff ingame.
All maps are finalised, and all tests and quests have been marked off as working. That won't mean that everything is perfect, so if you do find any issues please report them via the playerdex. We will try and get them fixed swiftly.

We are hoping to release it this weekend after some final polishing. But please understand that sometimes things cannot align with everyone and we might miss our window.

Anyway, from testing we have a few winners:
3rd place
The Elite 4 member who was so difficult, we had to resort to EV training our staff Pokémon just to beat them.

2nd Place
A bug that crashed the game which delayed the entire release by several weeks, with us patching/creating more and more things to the eventual new upcoming update.

Honourable mentions:
  • Me accidentally making the spawns with NULL rarity. Which then broke any users client when they tried /list for or at that location.
  • Lee for asking "What's a quick win we can put into the client?" then providing some genuine quality of Life changes that took a lot of work hours anyway.
  • Sorey for testing an NPC with a broken function on the live server, but brute forcing it anyway to give us what we needed later on. Then we conducted the test on the Staff server anyway lol.
  • The one bug in Victory road we don't feel like is worth the time to fix, so we won't. 100 Pokedollars to the first person to figure it out.
  • Me for creating a staff account 8+ years ago but never completing the tutorial to get a Kanto/Johto passport, which broke an NPC, which we thought was a more serious issue at the time.

1st Place
Goes to Sorey for creating a coding flaw, and then having an NPC delete one of his staff Pokémon when testing it later. Thank you for fixing that before I tested it, and sorey for your loss ;D

LunaticJames

Content maker
The time you spent typing that forum post, you literally could have made yourself a pc box full of Shiny Cyndaquil's.

Here is a Shiny Cyndaquil for consolation though.
Oh its gone. Just like your deleted one ;D

Cleveland

Youngster
Even worse now:

master-ball-icon-24.jpg
You're all welcome for my contribution to this update! :cool:

LunaticJames

Content maker
Would that be this invisible wall next to another wall and above the ladder? Or was that just an unnoticed one? :p
Nope. I intentionally made all the ladders in Victory Road going upwards behave like that.
This can be fixed by changing the collision layer in the map editor to allow walking on that tile. An easy fix in that case.

no 100pd for you

Mindless

Youngster
Nope. I intentionally made all the ladders in Victory Road going upwards behave like that.
This can be fixed by changing the collision layer in the map editor to allow walking on that tile. An easy fix in that case.

no 100pd for you
Staff be lazy like that :p jk. I was confused at first and refreshed as well as exited map. ;-;

DH94

Youngster
  • The one bug in Victory road we don't feel like is worth the time to fix, so we won't. 100 Pokedollars to the first person to figure it out.

The lack of magnetic field required for nosepass to evolve?