Search results

1. M

Fakemon region

This idea popped into my mind recently. I was thinking about that it comes up time to time again that PWO lacks major updates - namely regions - because the client doesn't allow them. And then it struck me: Why would we have to stick to the handheld games? So here is an idea: Us, players would...
  2. M

A random idea

I know it is not possible in the current client but it may worth some consideration for the future: Everyone is complaining about the 1 day cooldown time of the gymleaders. I for one, support the idea of forcing players to be well prepared and if they are not, condemn them to perpare more. But...
  3. M

Something's wrong with the XP messages

The new XP gain message messes up with the XP got somehow. Above the chat, the message it says "You gained smaller_number (bigger_number) XP." And in the battle log it says "Your Pokemon gained smaller_number XP."
  4. M

To make hunting more interesting

This is an idea I'm thinking on for a while. Obviously it cannot be fulfilled before the new client arrives, but then it would be nice to have something like this. My idea is to make hunting a bit more - how should I say - fair. Currently hunting is all about pure luck. The dice rolls and...
  5. M

And then the server crashed...

I'm posting this to prove it that it can happen to anyone. Blue was looking for the reason of server freezing. He found it :D Well, at least it wasn't a S Bagon.
  6. M

XP needed is negative? A different kind of negative XP...

I never saw anything like that before... The strangest thing is that although my Froslass gains XP normally, at the same time the total amount of XP needed changes too. So if I had 2000/-50000 and I gain 2000 more, it changes to 4000/-52000...
  7. M

Not an ordinary stuck... REALLY NEEDS SOME ADM HELP!

I already met this issue before. Then it disappeared. Time to tome it disappears, then reappears again. I'm confused, I have no idea what causes it. I restarted my PC? reinstalled PWO, restarted in safe mode then normal mode... Basically when I log into the game, I'm stuck for about 20 seconds...
  8. M

NPC keeps talking???

OK, this is the weirdest bug I saw so far. If I try to pass by any NPC it starts talking to me in a loop. As soon as he finished it, he starts it again and again and again, all I can do is hit the spacebar, but it never ends. By only option is use an escape rope, teleporting back to the PC. But...
  9. M

Didn't get the 3rd feather

I made it to F5 on Mt. Silver. Then I was walking towards Adena, but the trainer Ethan stopped me. We fought, I won, then I talked to Adena and it turned out that I should have received the feather from Ethan after beating him, but I did not... Some players managed to get it so it seems that if...
  10. M

Spamming reports in Community Watch. Seriously?!

I can't post my opinion there, so I must do it here :) For the last few days bot/hack reports increased drastically in the Community Watch section. But the problem is, that they don't have any proof! They report people by suspicion, by not knowing how the game works, by reason like "he did not...
  11. M

PvP issues and how to fix them

I think I speak for many of us when I say that I will never accept a random PvP request ever again. There are just too many players who don't appreciate the common customs of PvP*. The coward player is the most common type of these players. He only cares about his PvP score and his Reputation...
  12. M

DD quest issue

I was talking to Cheryl the second time (after returning from Olivine with her frying pan), when a few seconds of heavy lag affected the whole game (players started to ask about it on the chat, that's why I know it). Only the first page of text showed up, then instead of continuing when the game...
  13. M

GUIDE: How to get a shiny Pikachu cheap and easily?

Here I will introduce two method as you can get your dream Pokemon: a shiny Pikachu. Don't you tell me you don't want one! I know you're lying ;) Method 1: Be shamelessly lucky and find one! Of course this is the cheapest method, but far from the easiest. Not everyone is lucky enough to find...
  14. M

Changed password - now can't log in the game

With the necessary password reset I requested a new password. Then I changed it via Playerdex because I like to change these pre-generated passwords to something more complex. So I changed the password, I have no issue to login to Playerdex or the forum, but I can't login int the game, it always...
  15. M

Changing stats during trade?

I traded a Pikachu from a friend which was more than promising. I checked its stats in Veekun before the trade then I decided to buy it. Then I checked its stats and they were totally different, except of the HP. I doublechecked the data before I bought it so I don't think that I mistyped or...
  16. M

To make Gym battles challenging

I'm posting this among the suggestions as well, but I want to know the opinion of the community as well. Currently with the exception of the 1st, 8th and 16th gyms, every other gym challenge is rather easy. Some gyms can be beaten with one single Pokemon 10-15 level bellow the level of the gym...
  17. M

Relative rarity and real encounter chance

I'm working on this for a while. I thought the encounter chance of Pokemons worth a bit of scientific research :D This short study tries to answer 2 questions. What is the Real Encounter Chance of a Pokemon and why is it possible to encounter with a Pokemon with the same rarity in area A than...
  18. M

Which one is better?

I don't know if this the appropriate thread for this question, but I didn't find any better. Which Pikachu has the most potential? 1. this one 2. this one 3. or this one
  19. M

My suggestions

Because the game is currently under maintenance I decided to spam the forum with some ideas to improve the gameplay. Some of these could be implemented very easily, some of them are for long-term. Note: when I address "you" it means the developers, but it's shorter to write just you ;) 1. Make...
  20. M

Thew current issues

First of all, this is not a thread about teh status of the server :P Although it still is, but I'm not asking when it will be up again, merely I'm curious what causes the recent instability. It seems to me that in the last few days the yserver is far more down than in the previous weeks. Does it...