Search results

1. T

How to fullscreen PWO with IntegerScaler (Windows 7/10/11) (old method)

IntegerScaler; Free: For Windows 7/10/11: -Moved this guide from other thread because I can only have 10 pictures in a single post. -Not recommended unless you have Windows 7. If you have Windows 10/11, Magpie or Lossless Scaling are better options (see other thread). -Works great and easy...
  2. T

Bundle Magpie with PWO Installation for official Full-Screen support.

Magpie is a free, full-featured, open-source utility that turns any window into Full-Screen. It's under a GPL-3 license which allows distribution/modification without restrictions as long as: -we provide a link to Magpie's source code -we provide a link to Magpie's license agreement Currently...
  3. T

Token Store Shiny Odds (unofficial PSA)

TS Shiny Odds are roughly 1 in 80* on average, when you purchase the shiny chance bonus. Zero chance if you don't get the bonus. * It's random, meaning you could get a shiny on your first try, or it could take hundreds of tries if you're unlucky. There are no guarantees and zero mercy. Shiny...
  4. T

PWO Unofficial Quitting Assistance Program (PUQAP)

PWO Unofficial Quitting Assistance Program (PUQAP) What is PUQAP? It’s a drama-free, 100% confidential, final method of quitting PWO. You irrevocably and unconditionally transfer all your pokemon, Pd, and other assets of value to me, to help remove any incentive of returning. Why? PWO, like...
  5. T

PWO in Scaled Window or Fullscreen with the app 'Lossless Scaling' on Steam. Windows 10/11 only.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/993090/Lossless_Scaling/ Example screenshot ^^^. You don't need to copy these settings exactly. It's easy/quick to experiment for the best settings for you. The 1.8x scaling is for my high res monitor, yours will probably need less. Update: Sept 21 2022...
  6. T

Tutorial: Remapping buttons for easier hunting.

I use a program called AutoHotKey because it's the only thing I've found that lets you assign a Mouse Click to the keyboard. ___ 1. Download AutoHotKey and install. 2. Open Notepad and copy/paste the following: LAlt::LButton RShift::LButton RCtrl::2 This turns your Left Alt and Right Shift...
  7. T

Mass-Search Open Playerdex Profiles, using Search Filters

Currently there's no easy way to even find open Playerdex profiles, let alone search them. To find an open profile you basically have to check everyone's profile, or rely on forum threads/word of mouth. Then you have to look at each of their pages one by one. Very inefficient and ineffective...
  8. T

Alternate Shiny Colour for new Shinies caught WITHOUT Membership.

This creates a new rarer more valuable variant of shiny, which mostly new players, or people who can't afford memberships, will find. It turns the tables of the economy on its head. Old shinies are suddenly less sought after -- the rich old elites who just log in to show off suddenly won't...
  9. T

Tutorial: How to get Wind Surfboard, fight Elite 4, and travel to the next region.

Since there's no Wiki page for these topics yet, I made a quick / rough writeup. Please feel free to edit this / adapt into a Wiki page, anyone who has access. It's maybe controversial to give too many puzzle clues and such. Hopefully Staff will not mind this thread. I feel that many players...
  10. T

PokéBank: Extra boxes on Playerdex for long term storage.

Today's suggestion: PokéBank™: 'Long-term' pokemon storage boxes, accessible only from Playerdex. This would be useful for players who've filled their 36 boxes already, or who dislike clutter. This would be better than the current undesirable methods of using Global Link / Release /...
  11. T

List of open playerdex profiles (pokemon viewable)

Because it's fun to look at people's pokemon. All new accounts are visible by default now so just listing those with a decent amount of playtime (~50+hrs). PM me or reply with additions/changes and I will try to keep this post updated. 4000+ hours Dragon16 (5573) GuiiHenrique (7867) justme1306...
  12. T

Easy suggestions for quick improvement of PWO.

This thread is for ideas that can each be hopefully implemented fairly easily with minimal coding required. In no particular order... Server Extend in-game AFK logout timer substantially (more players online -> snowball effect). Implemented!! Make players visible to others even if they're...
  13. T

List of spawns (current and past)

Understanding PWO's economy is an uphill battle for new players. Prices all depend on IVs and rarity, including historical rarity. Using the built-in /list command of the game it's rather tedious to figure out the current rarity / easiest location to find any given pokemon. The wiki is out of...
  14. T

Send mass emails to all registered users.

There are a huge number of registered users: I forget how to check, but I'm pretty sure it's between like 50k and 500k players.. Send an email to each user, just a simple message reminding them PWO is still alive, and telling about some of the recent developments (elite 4 etc). It would be...
  15. T

Re-release old events

Most people weren't around for the old ones. Staff keep saying they don't want to divert attention away from adding permanent new content to the game. So just re-release events. For pokemon that aren't that special anymore, for whatever reason, you can tweak a thing or two, but 99.5% of the...
  16. T

Some quick swarm/event spawn ideas

I posted these on Discord but they got immediately buried in spam.. so here. T1 Ledyba T1 Girafarig T1 Vulpix T2 Miltank T2 Pikachu T3 Heracross (easier than Hidden Crag plz) T3 Makuhita T4 Electabuzz T4 Wurmple T5 Pachirisu T5 Magnezone
  17. T

Server costs.

What does the PWO server currently cost? What kind of hardware is it? We were told a figure years ago of ~$330 per month on these forums, in the interests of transparency. I've looked and asked, but can't find any up-to-date figures. That price, if still accurate, suggests that we're using one...
  18. T

Full-Screen Tutorial for PWO (Easy - 2 Minutes) *New version works for everybody*

Official Full-Screen support (using checkbox in PWO) was disabled some time ago for compatibility reasons and it was buggy. Thankfully there are some great workarounds. The first 4 methods are easy - any of them should only take about 2 minutes to set up. Method 1 (Magpie; Free, Open Source)...
  19. T

[Retracted suggestion] Make pokemon purchases from Mart eligible for cashback payments (after waiting period).

Has anyone ever gotten any significant cashback from their Crystal bank account? How does it work - what type of purchases are eligible? The bank account page says there's a max payout of 50 million Pd per month. I've never received enough Pd to notice any gains at all, even when spending a lot...
  20. T

Automatically re-post items for sale on Mart + other improvements.

Selling has never been easier, but it's still a fairly laborious process. With the current economy on PWO, even well-priced things often fail to sell. Currently when things fail to sell, you have to find your pokemon in Global Link, collect it, find it in your boxes, and then re-list it...