A simple suggestion for the current Halloween event.

Fadoka

Jr. Trainer
First of all, after thanking the staff for this nice event. I'd just like to point out that such spawn requires some moves for the pokemon to be usable after the event is over. For example Houndooms would need Darkpulse, Honchkrows would need Superpower and Heatwave, Umbreons do need foul play. Such moves (Darkpulse, Superpower, Foul play and Heatwave) would be preferable to have as tutors or from an NPC in exchange for the available items that could be farmed from the event. There is approximately a week left for the end of the event so if this is a time to release such moves and even more like Draco-meteor, Rest and Sleep talk TMs. It would be really great especially that there is an upcoming non-official tournament that will follow such event. I really hope this is taken into consideration. Thanks again.

Fads~

lWtRl

Youngster
Releasing some new TMs and Move Tutors would definitely be amazing. We have been getting moves like Dark Pulse & Foul Play in previous events, though we wouldn't mind to have them once again in addition.

Shiny!Midou~

Youngster
finally someone said this lol
dark pulse foul play and superpower and in addition draco meteor ( i know it's kinda hard to do it since ther's no fairy typing yet but almost all dragons are useless without it except dragonite ) and Maybeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee who know volt tackle and throw in fire punch or thunder punch ? thnx <3

Ramensnoodle

Youngster
This is why when moves and tms are introduced once it should be permanently available ingame. Limiting moves when its a vital part of any pokemon game has always been stupid.

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
First of all, after thanking the staff for this nice event. I'd just like to point out that such spawn requires some moves for the pokemon to be usable after the event is over. For example Houndooms would need Darkpulse, Honchkrows would need Superpower and Heatwave, Umbreons do need foul play. Such moves (Darkpulse, Superpower, Foul play and Heatwave) would be preferable to have as tutors or from an NPC in exchange for the available items that could be farmed from the event. There is approximately a week left for the end of the event so if this is a time to release such moves and even more like Draco-meteor, Rest and Sleep talk TMs. It would be really great especially that there is an upcoming non-official tournament that will follow such event. I really hope this is taken into consideration. Thanks again.

Fads~
support 100%

Isguros

Youngster
They've already confirmed that there'll be a Moves Tutor and Special Items Seller NPC that sells stuff for both quest items as well as Pokedollars, but since it's already been two weeks since it was announced, it's probable that they've forgotten. I got mixed feelings about most of the suggested tutors: I know the Pokemon available in this event require those moves, but it's always those moves that these same Pokemon need (that's one of the downsides of most of the events being Halloween events with mainly Dark and/or Ghost type Pokemon). Dark Pulse, for instance, was available during the last event, and it's needed yet again. So I agree with Ramensnoodle that those particular moves should probably be (semi-)permanently available at this point.

DarkRiddles

Support 100 % its my first event actually !! Would be really nice to get the full expirience ::)

Sorey

Read the NPCs dialogues, pls
Staff member
Game Editor
Limiting moves when its a vital part of any pokemon game has always been stupid.
Glad you still enjoy playing it even it being stupid.

it's probable that they've forgotten
Nope, I didn't.

I would love to hear a staff members prespective on this
Fadoka's moves suggestion has lot of good ideas, even some of them being previously thought already. About making them permanently accessible, personally, I have no plans to implement such a thing. Having pokemons with temporarily available moves makes some of them more valuable than others, so that the pokemon value is not focused only in it IVs. Obviously it's just my opinion, but I wouldn't be against such implementation if other staff members purpose it based on community claim.

Prof.Rygar

Youngster
I vote we don't get superpower tutor, since there is an upcoming tournament, and allowing everyone to have it right now negates the advantage I have, having participated in earlier events to get said move onto Mamos and Honch.

Fadoka

Jr. Trainer
I vote we don't get superpower tutor, since there is an upcoming tournament, and allowing everyone to have it right now negates the advantage I have, having participated in earlier events to get said move onto Mamos and Honch.
Only if thumbs down had a reaction. Ez.

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
#VilifySuperPower
#NoQuirkMove
#AllForOneNotOneForAll

Last edited:

Zooks

I personally think bountiful TM availability is vital for any pokemon game. We catch new pokemon all the time, but if core TMs for them are so limited - it can have a negative effect on what versatility the game can offer. I can definitely see the benefit as having some TMs being rarer than others, this is an MMO after all and unlocking move tutors or obtaining moves from quests creates more playable content, but at the moment I believe it is way too extreme. Having certain moves only available during events can literally leave months, sometimes years of time with a lack of important TMs for veterans who have worked so hard to obtain their pokemon, or new players that won't have the chance to teach their Venusaur hidden power for an uncertain amount of time with no way of even working towards that goal. I think this also falls into abilities as well. We're already able to change them as a one time thing - but some pokemon are worth hundreds of millions, having the option to get the most out of the pokemon we have kept over the years.

Fadoka

Jr. Trainer
Seeing it being implemented in game, I just wanted to say thanks for all the support and thanks for the staff for making it happen. Its all about the positivity so that the newer generation wouldn't stop trying.