Client 1.98.2 / The Elite 4

LunaticJames

Content maker
Someone forgot to flip the switch?
Almost. Some things were found in testing that somewhat completely break the game, so they need to be fixed. The content is still on the otherside of that door, but if the switch was flipped as of right now players could not make it to Indigo City.
So - that first, then probably a client update. Then Victory \o\

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
This weekend? Got blue balls over here!
You mean like these?
100.png

LunaticJames

Content maker
Going to give an update on testing progress.
We have updated the maps originally uploaded when this topic was posted, as they had some layering issues that are more obvious in game than in the map editor. (Such as seeing other indoor maps as they weren't spaced apart enough, and invis grass issue)
These map updates also included adding in a new train station to Route 23 to connect the Indigo city to the rest of the transport network.
While making these changes we also decided to make Victory Road a bit more harder as it was rather simple/short, so included additional changes for Victory Road for funsies, which also required changes to 1F to accommodate those.

The Reception Gate will also be updated at some point this week to allow some functional requirements. Currently you can't access Victory Road entrance with 8 badges, so was easier to remap it instead of do weird stuff with permissions

As suggested from before, some new changes I don't want to spoil, a new client version will be required for some of the fixes we've made. I can't give an exact estimate on when that will be, but I hope this weekend if we can get around it.
Expect to see spawns appearing on the new maps between now and the weekend though :)

LunaticJames

Content maker
Reception Gate still yet to be swapped in, as can't just swap over an existing map as the old links will remain. The safest method would be to have a small staff only session to give us time to move NPC's/Map links without players getting stuck in the spider web of void space.

The spawns were also in game at the time you posted this :)

LunaticJames

Content maker
Spawns for Route 23 will be added in tonight as well. Tonight for me at least, it is nearly 1pm at the time I'm posting this.

The updated client has done well in testing (it stopped crashing when doing [redacted]). Flavour NPC's have been added to Indigo city/Victory Road. Indigo city is similar on scale to Saffron City in terms of NPC houses, so it took a while lol.
As we've taken a bit longer to complete this than expected, the client update to fix the [redacted] issues will include some extra features/sprites/icons, so it will be necessary to download. Probably be 1.98.3 as it now includes changes instead of just fixes.

To be more transparent, not much of the client or Elite 4 was worked on over the weekend, as some people might have been ordered to take their birthday off ;D

Once the Elite 4 is live for all, possibly with the new client update, we can list the full details of each 4's teams/stats, as well as the prizes for beating the Elite 4, and what we are doing to springboard from the Elite 4 to the Sevii Islands.