Recent content by CheckeredZebra

1. C

Shiny Colors

I don't really love the idea of this. It's been done before in other games, and the results were...odd? Sometimes alienating? At a surface level, it is harmless. But on a deeper level, it's a design crutch and doesn't really help the game in a meaningful way. Don't have ideas for new content or...
  2. C

"Lucky Item" Shiny-Odds Bonus drop item, Shiny-Odds Pokemon Disposal NPC (using REP)

The spawn system -was- made with the intention of a higher population with better economic circulation, so it is likely to feel pretty bad right now. PWO has a low population and low economic circulation.
  3. C

PlaForumDex

Frankly communications does need to be merged in a meaningful and polished way even if staff aren't 100% on board with any particular suggestion on -how- to do that. It has beyond splintered a community of only a handful of people. Forums worked in the past because places like discord didn't...
  4. C

"Lucky Item" Shiny-Odds Bonus drop item, Shiny-Odds Pokemon Disposal NPC (using REP)

>And lastly, I don't know this game nearly as well as you.. so I hope you read my post with the appropriate levels of tact too Smile. Also note the only way I know how to write things is in this naturally confrontational tone... I get a bit too invested in my ideas and just want to be right at...
  5. C

[ECONOMY] Forcing players to get rid of their poks

Honestly, PWO has such a high ceiling of perfection (max speed, shiny Tier 5 things) that they leave sooner than they can come in. The ladder is almost endless, so unlike many pokemon games you do not need to have pokemon fade from use. This requires accepting that some pokemon will inherently...
  6. C

So, let's talk cycles. You have the rich who have so much money and items they have nothing left to really spend/barter for aside from things that probably will never exist again due to low playerbase. (Shiny, extremely rare things or just very strong PvP-based pokemon.) There is nobody coming...
  7. C

The issue with buying pokemon is that you're trading an inflation of one good (pokemon) for another (money). It doesn't really solve anything; instead you're trading one problem for another.
  8. C

Keep in mind, B/W also had perma weather. This meant you had to have a weather pokemon on your own team to neutralize/change the weather, and the weather abilities were the best way to do this. PWO does not have perma weather, so demand for them is lower. I'd rather go back in to discussion...
  9. C

It looks like Isguros figured out what I did? I only skimmed, but: A lucky item that does not stack with membership but is activatable might not be bad. It lets people hold onto these for swarms/etc. Exchanging shinies to an NPC was something I actually considered for a long time but...
  10. C

If you were a staff member, how would you contribute?

I made this out of curiosity. I want to know what motivates people. Pick at most 3 things from each category that you think you would really enjoy doing. Pick a fourth if you reaaallly can't decide on something. NOTE: Pick things you would actually like TO DO, not things you want PWO to have...
  11. C

Autowalk

He would say that God had given him a tail to keep the flies off, but that he would sooner have had no tail and no flies. - Benamin the Donkey; George Orwell's "Animal Farm"
  12. C

Back to take over

No.
  13. C

What is the state of PWO currently?

Hello! I suppose...let me start this off by saying my opinion is going to be very biased. Like Fonty says, you should really see for yourself if this game is for you. You're asking people who play PWO about their opinion of PWO, after all. I'm only going to answer the stuff that might not be...
  14. C

Shane's log

I disagree. :3 This wouldn't be fair for future players at all; it'd be impossible to find a max IV shiny with the right nature AND ability. x-x The odds would be just...horrendously against them, and it would result in an impossible gap of "old" and "new" pokemon. D:
  15. C

Natures and Abilities

Got bored. I like data and numbers, so have some data and numbers. Current system, 0-31, ignore 32 for now cause I forgot: 1/4096 = an all 31 IV common "old" shiny. 1/1,000,000 = an all 31 IV common "new" IV shiny 1/244,140,625 = a 25+ IV common non-shiny 1/2,441,406,250,000 = a 25+ IV HR...