Let's talk this through respectfully

Isguros

Youngster
This last period has been a rather turbulent one here on PWO. You couldn't have missed it: every now and then there's yet another issue that divides the player base. Usually, it involves silly stuff that gets blown out of proportions in one way or another up to the point that full-on fights occur in which all the parties, even though they may make some valid points, end up losing face, so I usually tend to not get involved that much and just watch it go by in the hope we're headed for greener pastures.

“Opinion has caused more trouble on this little earth than plagues or earthquakes.”
― Voltaire

This time I couldn't stand by the sidelines. Even though I'd like it to have been different; I, myself, was located in the thicket of all that's going on. That's why this time is different, for me at least, but I expect it to also be different for many of you, cause this is not the kind of nonsense drama we're used to. It's not something that only affects a small portion of the player base, no; this is something we all care about, something we all love(!)... but that's also part of the problem, cause love blinds the eyes, and dulls the mind, making it so that other opinions might go unheard; or perhaps it causes us to willfully ignore those with another opinion. And that is where democracy end, where a community dies: if you're unable to openly communicate with one another, then this massively multiplayer online game becomes just a letter O.

“Opinion is the medium between knowledge and ignorance.”
― Plato

And that's why I felt it was my duty, as a level-headed individual and one of the most respectable and likable users here on the forum, to make this thread. Not to push my opinion onto you, no, merely to address this dire situation that we're in, and to provide you all with a place to express yourself on this matter; to tell your truth, knowing it might not be the truth of someone else, but still - to be able to give you that opportunity. To talk about this important conundrum in an orderly and civilized way: to let people get heard.

“The world is governed by opinion.”
― William Ellery Channing

So if you're up to the task, if you're truly able to treat each other in a respectful manner, no matter which opinions they hold; I ask you this simple question: do you prefer creamy or crunchy peanut butter? Before you write this off as a joke, I want to plead with you to heed my warnings and take this seriously; for this may not be a matter of life or death as we're accustomed to, but it's able to shatter all the bonds we choose to fight for to protect: relationships, friendships, and even respect might no longer mean anything if you're on opposite sides of the aisle.

“Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in.”
― Isaac Asimov

Like I said: 'this is something we all care about', so I'm certain that every one of you will have an opinion on this. It doesn't matter if it's a strong opinion or merely a slight preference; we can all participate in this discussion and help guide it into the civilized conversation that I, the staff team, as well as everyone here envisions threads (like these) should be like. And before I give the floor to you fine folks, I'd like to state that I know there's a whole bunch of other exciting types of peanut butter out there, even ones that come combined with other types of sandwich spreads, and some of them aren't actually that bad, I understand, but let's keep it basic today and just tackle the issue at hand.

“The opinion which other people have of you is their problem, not yours.”
― Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

And I challenge you: try not only to read what other people have to say but also listen to the sound of their souls which they've poured into their message while writing it.

“My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I'm right.”
― Ashleigh Brilliant

whisMEAT

Youngster
I thought about it... The useless drama, how a community should discuss through disagreements and if the creamy is better or the crunchy. Obviously, the words of Voltair and Plato is open to discussion, hopefully with a civlity in manner; but one thing is a fact, as fact as scientific knowledge itsellf, although often argued the otherwise for some cases, that the crunchy peanut butter is way more awesome as much as world is way more round than flat.

I must admit, the quality of this topic is way more above than the quality of dramas, manipulations, lies and dirt thrown i have been witnesing lately, nonetheless, i find it still *a bit offensive* to suggest that creamy actualy can race with crunchy just by itself. To make it more reasonable compariosn, i think creamy should have some minions, or guildoes lets say in terms of forum jargon, with it, not the minions of crunchyness as it would be crunchy then, but perhaps a bread of some sort. Although i think that it is not a valid comparison withouth this addition, i respect with full civility for anyone who is deluded by the choice of creamy.

Fadoka

Jr. Trainer
Once upon a time, long long ago there was a Mozarilla pizza which was told by a chief "It ain't EZ being spicy and cheEZy". Then the pizza got sold.

Cleveland

Youngster
Crunchy?!? You guys are monsters :p

But seriously, creamy all day. I couldn't even fathom eating a PB&J with crunchy peanut butter.

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
I like creamy on just a simple peanut butter sandwhich or hot toast (especially if with honey) I also like it on a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich or a peanut butter and jam sandwhich.

If I'm eating just out of the container with a spoon I prefer crunchy, also if I eat a peanut butter and preserves sandwhich I prefer crunchy.

What can I say, I'm a very complex individual. :cool:

whisMEAT

Youngster
I like creamy on just a simple peanut butter sandwhich or hot toast (especially if with honey) I also like it on a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich or a peanut butter and jam sandwhich.

If I'm eating just out of the container with a spoon I prefer crunchy, also if I eat a peanut butter and preserves sandwhich I prefer crunchy.

What can I say, I'm a very complex individual. :cool:
well well... Wholeheartedly, i dont want to agree with you and you know it:D. BUT i must confess, this is exactly what i was thinking I prefer to follow the "A or B" thing but someone finally spoke the truth.

Isguros

Youngster
No offense to creamy peanut butter, cause at the end of the day it's still peanut butter. It might even be better suited for a PB&J, but is that really all we expect of peanut butter? Is watering it down with a gel of sugar and a faint fruit-ish flavor to it the height of anyone's culinary aspirations for peanut butter? I certainly think not, and I expect that everyone that answered 'crunchy' doesn't either. Crunchy peanut butter is what every peanut dreams of becoming. When they're still seeds in the ground, not yet sprouted into the plants the eventually will become, their parents tell them that they wish for them to end up as crunchy peanut butter that brings joy to all the good-hearted people in the world. Crunchy peanut butter truly is amazing: not only does it has that smooth texture that inspires one to become a better person, it also has that sweet savory crunch to them in the form of peanut chunks that surprises and rejuvenates anyone that has the pleasure to enjoy it. You could almost say like crunchy peanut butter is what Miley Cyrus' song 'The Best of Both Worlds' is being referenced to, but that wouldn't do justice to crunchy peanut butter in the slightest, cause either of those worlds fail into comparison to the pure and undeniable sensation of what is crunchy peanut butter. It is literally streets ahead of everything that you can possibly put on a slice of bread.

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
well well... Wholeheartedly, i dont want to agree with you and you know it:D. BUT i must confess, this is exactly what i was thinking I prefer to follow the "A or B" thing but someone finally spoke the truth.
Well the truth is you're a [insert non-PG term for a donkey] :p

XD

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Morrisons Honey Roasted Crunchy Peanut Butter <3
270473011_0_640x640.jpg