Event Sun, Sea and Hunting!

Pansy

Resident Harlequin
Game Moderator
It's Summer time! The temperatures are rising and it's getting hot in PWO! We are very pleased to announce that the Summer Event has officially begun and welcome you all to join in on the fun!

A Typhoon has swept through Mango island, destroying everything in it's path! The Kantonian government are requesting an urgent appeal to help get the island back to normal; with the help of lead aider Joel. While most residents work on sourcing food and preparing dishes, Joel is calling for all others to help clean up the island from all the left over Typhoon Debris.
Surf the waves, throw your lines, search the highlands or search the low grounds to find as much Typhoon Debris as possible to help Mango island become what it once was.
Rumor has it the entrance to this cosy cove paradise is through a mysterious fireplace somewhere in Vermillion City or Violet City.

The event will be running from today through to the 31st of July.
In the final week we plan to add a tutor who will be available until the end of the end. We welcome any suggestions from you, the players, of what you would like to see from the event tutor.

-

"But why aren't you working on Sevii"?
While we plan to continue working on Sevii as much as we can, due to real life commitments and changes from multiple staff, we are missing crucial members of our team in order to work on it while they focus on their personal life. This event was planned with the idea of working on content for players, while not splitting focus on sevii and playing catch up all the time.

On behalf of the PWO team, thank you for being here.
Happy gaming~

The tutors will remain in game until the 31st of August

Last edited:

Fadoka

Jr. Trainer
Thanks for this. It's really pleasant to see the activity lately as well as "Gible" on its own.

The tutors/TMs I believe are needed:
Element punches (Fire, Ice and Thunder)
Drain punch (Needed for pokemon that don't get it via breeding like Gallade)
U-turn (The rarest tm around, we need to have as good amount of it like we had protect)
Draco Meteor (To make spatk Garchomp a thing and it fits the event theme and now it's the correct time to put it. It will not be that OP with the existence of assault vest already. It can be walled)
Counter tutor (Great move for most pokemon as well as event pokemon)
Explosion TM

Last edited:

Pansy

Resident Harlequin
Game Moderator
Also just want to give a huge thank you to AsianKid, our resident wiki editor, who has already started the wiki page for this event. Be sure to keep him updated on the spawns and anything else missed!

Cleveland

Youngster
PSA:

Gible can and likely will know Take Down, which does recoil damage. Do NOT use False Swipe on it or you risk it fainting itself!

lWtRl

Youngster
Thank you for the event and all the good work! Gible n Frillish are absolutely amazing because I am so sick of ScarfMence lol…

Btw, as Cleveland and Fadoka suggested, Draco Meteor Tutor would be cool in this event along with Dragon Gem and Gible. And I will always demand for TM Explosion, such that I can blow everything up when I am not pleased. Not really trying to ask for too much on top of the event here lol, they would be some great options whenever the staff would like to add something new.

Here is a list of sugguetions
Tutors:
Draco Meteor
Dual Chop
Bug Bite
Bounce
Surf?
Softboiled (I know it is not a thing but Clefable needs some love... Moonlight has lower PP, and potentially heals less in some weathers, especially Sand (Tyranitar being popular). Would say it is the main reason it is underused.)
Elemental Punches

TMs (According to Gen 5):
TM64 Explosion (Will always be on top)
TM08 Bulk Up
TM11 Sunny Day (For Heat Rock in the event)
TM16 Light Screen*
TM33 Reflect* (*= Probably after Light Clay is out)

Last edited:

whisMEAT

Youngster
thanks stuff. map is really fun and quests are too, even the easy ones. i really loved npc dialogues :D Indeed , you are aaaaall lame; undoubtly @Sorey is the lamest.

my suggestions for tutors are:
Drain punch: been for a while it has been alive and makes a lot of pokemons useful/very good.
Giga drain: same above.
Blast burn, frenzy plant, hydro cannon: in given pokemons and tutors we have been getting for the last year, most starter pokemons seems to me not usefull at all in pvp(except blaziken) due to avalibility of porygon, chandelure,magne or alike pokemons. some pokemons with high base spatk and usefull typing make them way better options. this may be usefull.
tailwind: havent seen anyone using beside me. it makes a lot pokemon very usefull after using, inclyding moves like me first. slow but bulky pokemons can turn into monsters, which i tried and they did. would make pvp better and some pokemons more usefull including aerodaxtyl imo.

Edit:
Knock off: I just noticed that assault vest can be combined nicely with knock off. knock off is not used much from what i see, its damage is pretty low in pwo and was given few events ago. but imo its utility is increased with assult vest. such as making enemy offensive pokemons to lose items can easily debufff them between %25-50 damage to %50 or speed, or removing leftovers.

Last edited:

Mallow-

Youngster
I completed everything in a couple of hours, but I enjoyed everything :)
Hope to be back a few more times during the event to hunt ^^

Pansy

Resident Harlequin
Game Moderator
I completed everything in a couple of hours, but I enjoyed everything :)
Hope to be back a few more times during the event to hunt ^^

I said in game yesterday and I'll say it again; it is great to see a kind face come back for the event. I'm glad you enjoyed the event and I wish you the best of luck in finding whatever you're after!