Removal of Automatic NPC rematches

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
I mean, the title is self explanatory, is there ever going to be a plan to remove these annoying and useless automatic NPC rematches? They are utterly pointless and a waste of time, not saying remove the rematches all together, but at least make it where we have to initiate the battle if we want to take part in a rematch.

Prof.Rygar

Youngster
I support the idea and would like to add that even *IF* I decide to talk to an NPC, that *DOESN'T* mean I want a rematch. Maybe I just want to chat.

Of course, this would involve adding a "would you like a rematch?" "Yes" "No" option into the game, and potentially adding many thousands of lines of dialog to fill in story/ waste time/ get hints about the local fauna etc.

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
I support the idea and would like to add that even *IF* I decide to talk to an NPC, that *DOESN'T* mean I want a rematch. Maybe I just want to chat.

Of course, this would involve adding a "would you like a rematch?" "Yes" "No" option into the game, and potentially adding many thousands of lines of dialog to fill in story/ waste time/ get hints about the local fauna etc.
So basically implementing the "vs seeker" from official games?

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
I have to admit, the VS Seeker seems like an ideal tool for an MMO environment.
Yeah, if it could be implemented then it certainly would be the ideal way to deal with the annoying NPC issue.