Elite 4

Shiny!Midou~

Youngster
Hello Pwo Players As Many of You Saw that The Elite 4 is Now LIve so I am Here to Try and Help by giving Each Elite 4 Team and The Boss Team with Many Suggestion on How to Beat Them
1st Elite4 : Grass
He Uses Grass Poke : Breloom / Tangrowth / Amoonguss / Venusaur / Cacturne / Serperior
As many of you see this elite 4 is one of the weakest elite 4 you can just eliminate him with any fire poke but a special mention Here goes for Houndoom if you gave him the Dark Pulse tutor which was years Ago but even without dark pulse you can just beat him with Charizard
2nd Elite 4 : Psychic
Exeguttor / Gothitelle / Espeon / Medicham / Reuniclus / Metagross
for this elite 4 i suggest using dark poke's + fire poke's for example choice Specs Charizard can kill like 5 of them except Reuniclus ( cause of it's high spdef ) that's why i did switch Charizard for houndoom which i used it with the 1st elite 4 all you have to do is getting a nasty plot in the start and everything is dead after that
Tip : Esepon is holding Choice Specs with the move trick ;)
3rd Elite 4 : Normal ( the Annoying one )
Ambipom with the Fake out <.< / Eviolite Chansey / Snorlax / Porygon 2 with eviolite / Zangoose with toxic orb / Tauros
this elite is soooo annoying to beat cause he uses a LOT of Walls but ther's a wall breaker named Heracross xd with Moxie and choice scarf just Spam Close combat but be careful of both ambipom fake out and Zangoose Quick Attack cause it may kill you that's why take something just in case maybe anothr wall breaker like Infernape cloyster Alakazam
4rd Elite 4 : Dragon
Garchomp / Haxorus / Dragonite / Kingdra(Choice Specs ) / Salamence / Hydreigon
with this elite 4 it's from the start or never lol
that's why i recommend using cloyster a LOT with shell smash and icicle spear but be careful of Garchomp Dragon tail meanwhile ther's a lot of poke's that still can work out Like Starmie / Choice scarf Moxie Salamence with dragon claw
The Champion Alexa
Froslass / Arcanine / A Very bulky Blissey / zoroark / Gyarados / Archeops
this trainer is hard to beat but again it can be beaten with the right lead and here Tyranitar deserve a very special mention not only for the ability to use dragon dance at the face of poor froslass but with the right move's he can litteraly destroy this team
after getting like 5 dragon dance just spam crunch nothing can survive it except zoroark which can be killed with earthquake
but be careful of losing tyranitar cause his poke's have sooo many secrets like Bounce gyarados outrage Arcanine and very speeeeedy archeops ( outspeeded my max sped Alakazam once lol )
Now let's go to the Hardest thing about it lol
After defeating the Elite 4 99 times in the 100run and after defeating all of them again and in th time you are going to register the winning team in Hall of Fame a problem occured and suddenly you meet the Nub Called Red challenging you for a fight once you accept him you will wish you had his poke's lol
His team is :
S ludicolo with Rain dance / S lucario / S Charizard / S Tyranitar / S Lanturn / S Metagross
Sorry but i don't have enough Information of this trainer but all i know is his ludicolo had Rain Dance and giga drain which used them against me just before getting shell smash on Cloyster which killed the 1st 4 poke's and lost to lanturn due to tbolt and then scarf Hera came in to clean up

now this is the Team i used in all my Battles in Elite 4
Houndoom Lvl 100 : 252speed 252spatk 6hp : Dark Pulse /Nasty Plot /Flamethrower /HP Grass (leftover) with flash fire ability
Heracross lvl100 : 252speed 252atk 6hp : close combat / earthquake / Megahron / Stone Edge ( choice scarf ) with moxie ability
Cloyster lvl100 : 252speed 252atk 6hp : shell smash / icicle spear / rock blast / Hydro pump (focus sash ) with skill link ability
Tyranitar lvl100 : 252speed 252atk 6hp : dragon dance / crunch / earthquake / stone edge ( leftover ) with Sand Stream ability
Starmie lvl100 : 252speed 252spatk 6hp : Thunderbolt / Ice beam / Scald / Psychic ( Choice Specs ) with Natural Cure Ability
Shiny Alakazam : 252speed 252spatk 6hp : Calm Mind / Psychic / Focus Blast / Shadow Ball ( Life Orb ) with Magic Guard Ability
Hope to Help you all <3
Peace out

Last edited:

shodan21

Youngster
the normal team is by far the most problematic in my experience - especially porygon2. i tried my puncher gengar (lol) with choice band because it a) has drain punch and b) nerfs ambipom, chansey, and snorlax (immune to fake out, seismic toss, toxic, and body slam), but pory2 just pp stalls with recover, throwing in an occasional thunder wave and ice beam for good measure. if only focus miss had high accuracy...

also: apparently samuel's garchomp has a bit of bulk somewhere - max attack salamence dragon claw can fail to ohko it, so beware of that.

Cleveland

Youngster
After defeating the Elite 4 99 times in the 100run and after defeating all of them again and in th time you are going to register the winning team in Hall of Fame a problem occured and suddenly you meet the Nub Called Red challenging you for a fight once you accept him you will wish you had his poke's lol
Also red says you can only battle him once so make sure you win :)
Wait, what? Is this real? You can battle Red? And you have to beat the Elite 4 a total of 99 (!) times to face him? And you can only face him once?

Just looking for confirmation on some of these things, this is the first I'm hearing of a Red battle.

Shiny!Midou~

Youngster
Wait, what? Is this real? You can battle Red? And you have to beat the Elite 4 a total of 99 (!) times to face him? And you can only face him once?

Just looking for confirmation on some of these things, this is the first I'm hearing of a Red battle.
yep

Darren.

Youngster
gl when you need to battle red

Last edited:

Cleveland

Youngster
Do you "get" anything for beating Red? As in, something that shows that you beat him?

shodan21

Youngster
Well I thought there may have been something tangible for beating him, and it seems like there might be going by this post:
yes - a "mysterious medallion", which as per Luna's post in... one of the announcement threads, doesnt have a use as of yet.

MarinaB

Das Spiel verlor seine Interessenkraft mit dem Mew l120 und Mewtwo !! Warum l 120 ?? Warum können Sie diese Pok nicht fangen, sondern müssen gegen ihn worden sein? Genuso ist der Pok. Liga Unsinn! Die Spieler haben das Interesse und das Spiel verloren, Sie können auch sehen, wie viele auf der Online-Liste sehen sind! Alle meine Freunde spielen nicht mehr, es ist nur traurig! Wir hatten alle viel Spaß gehört und jetzt ...: ((((())

Isguros

Youngster
Those Pokemon are not catchable because their addition would probably hurt the diversity of Pokemon in the competative battling scene. As for why they're higher leveled? Probably to make them somewhat challenging to beat.

shodan21

Youngster
im somewhat tempted to lead against the normal team with a volt switch forretress to handle the fake out... but other times what ill do is sack my ninetales (lead for grass and psychic teams) and bring in heracross afterwards so it doesnt have to deal with ambi's fake out.

might go ahead and post the team i use later, along with the strategy discussions.

shodan21

Youngster
alright, here's my team and strats:

team:
Ninetales / Drought / Choice Specs: Flamethrower (other moves don't matter - I don't use them at all)
Heracross / Moxie / Choice Scarf: Close Combat, Earthquake, Stone Edge, Megahorn (rare to use anything but CC)
Salamence / Moxie / Choice Scarf: Dragon Claw, Outrage, Earthquake, Fire Blast (rare to use anything but Dragon Claw)
Gyarados / Moxie / Leftovers: Waterfall, Earthquake, Stone Edge, Dragon Dance (EQ is mostly useless)
Cloyster / Skill Link / Focus Sash: Ice Shard, Icicle Spear, Rock Blast, Shell Smash (backup, only used if needed)
Tyranitar / Sand Stream / Leftovers: Crunch, ThunderPunch, Earthquake, Dragon Dance (backup, only used if needed)

strats:
Lisa - Grass
This battle is pretty simple. Ninetales, spam Flamethrower, done. Only hitch is Sucker Punch from Cacturne, but Ninetales more or less shrugs that off.

Cameron - Psychic
I continue with Ninetales on this. Same strategy, spam Flamethrower until the battle ends. Ninetales will not reliably OHKO Reuniclus (actually, its probably around only 1/3 chance to OHKO), but Reuniclus doesn't do much of anything even if it gets a turn - Psychic and Focus Blast (which misses a lot) won't KO Ninetales, even if it took a Sucker Punch from Cacturne (note: this does not apply in case of critical hits!). Exeggutor may spam Protect, which may result in losing sun before Reuniclus comes out, but even then I think Reuniclus is still a guaranteed 2HKO, even if it uses Calm Mind on the turn it gets.

Joey - Normal
This is where E4 starts to get irritating. Ambipom's Fake Out is literally the worst, because it's priority and it's guaranteed flinch if used on the first move; Zangoose's Quick Attack isn't much better. I use Heracross Close Combat (same as Midou); Hera will tank a Fake Out from Ambipom or a Quick Attack from Zangoose (even with the defense drops from CC - barring a crit), but not both. I sometimes lead with Ninetales to take the possible Fake Out instead of Heracross; if Ambipom elects to do something else or if Nine has enough HP to tank the Fake Out, Ninetales OHKOs with specs/sun-boosted Flamethrower (note: if Ambi doesn't use Fake Out, max speed Ninetales is faster). If Ambipom doesn't get rid of Ninetales, Chansey probably will, simply by attrition (Flamethrower takes three hits to get through Chansey, which is more than enough time for Seismic Tosses and, depending on HP, Toxic to finish it off), but if it doesn't, Snorlax definitely will, since Nine will lose the sun by then. Don't worry about trying to get Heracross in sooner for more Moxie boosts - +1 CC will OHKO Porygon2, which is the real tank on this team (quack). If Heracross does go down to Fake Out + Quick Attack, I usually just bring in Salamence for the cleanup (with Outrage, since it's just two pokes to go through).

Samuel - Dragon
Salamence is almost ideal here (with a positive ATK nature, it'd be perfect). Choose Dragon Claw for the sweep (Outrage has that pesky confusion, which makes a full 6-poke sweep unreliable). The one caveat: Garchomp, the lead, is not reliably OHKO'd by Salamence Dragon Claw, even at max ATK. If Salamence fails to OHKO, it's gonna have a bad day - Rocky Helmet knocks off 1/6 of Sala's HP, and Garchomp will almost invariably respond with either Dragon Tail or Stone Edge, both of which do massive damage to Salamence. For Stone Edge, if Salamence survives (plausible, absent a critical hit), it will faint if it takes a second hit from Rocky Helmet, so switch to something else. Sala will tank a Dragon Tail and be switched for you. Use the poke brought in to finish off Garchomp and continue until it faints (unless Gyarados for Alexa is brought in - do NOT sacrifice that unless you want to spend a revive!), then bring Salamence back in and go back to the regularly scheduled Dragon Claw-ing (unless, in my case, if Tyranitar is brought out, as the sandstorm weather will wear down what's left of Salamence's HP pretty quick). You can also use Cloyster, but because of Dragon Tail you cannot reliably set up on Garchomp.

Alexa - Champion
So far, I haven't discovered a poke that can sweep with a Choice Item like with the other teams, and that's mostly because of the bulky Gyarados in this team, which resists a lot and tanks a lot. Couple that with two Intimidate users (Arcanine and Gyarados) and two priority users (Arcanine Extremespeed and Zoroark Sucker Punch) and there are many ways this fight could go wrong - also, unlike the other trainers, all of these pokes are level 100. Anyway, I use a Moxie Gyarados for this, with Leftovers and Dragon Dance. Usually I aim to boost twice on Froslass, which may force some variation if it spams Shadow Ball/Ice Beam rather than Spikes/Destiny Bond) or if it spams Destiny Bond (boost again if it does). Note that if Shadow Ball gets the SPDEF drop, Gyarados is on borrowed time against Froslass, so that more or less ends the setup. Note that Froslass will tank a +1 Waterfall; +2 is required for an OHKO. Stone Edge has a type advantage, but shaky accuracy. Continue with Waterfall; if necessary, boost more on Blissey, which cannot harm Gyarados (its only damaging move is Mud Bomb, which Gyara is immune to; its other moves are Stealth Rock, Minimize, and Softboiled, so it's just a nuisance to get through). Beware of Zoroark Sucker Punch. Use Stone Edge against Alexa's Gyarados - that's pretty much the only option Gyara has for the OHKO, and risking a Bounce (especially if it paralyzes!) is not advised. Waterfall Archeops, and you're done.

#success

Last edited:

shodan21

Youngster
protip: when the game says "<poke> floats in the air with its Air Balloon!"... pay attention to that message and don't use a ground move.

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
protip: when the game says "<poke> floats in the air with its Air Balloon!"... pay attention to that message and don't use a ground move.
You mean people actually need to be told this? LOL