Event The Holidays Are Here!

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
A frosty greeting to you all!

Earlier this week, the PWO Staff members received a telegram, asking us to invite everybody to some special holiday festivities. If you visit the ferry in either Vermillion or Cherrygrove from now until Friday 10th January 2020, you will be offered a trip to a brand new location, Port Terminal. Here, a special winter celebration is taking place, and every single Trainer from all over PWO is welcome to join in. There'll be some special Holiday spawns to find and festive activities to join in with; and I've heard word you may wish to seek out somebody called Chris, who has a little favour to ask of everyone.

This event is open to all PWO Trainers regardless of overall progress in-game, so long as you've made it to one of the starting locations mentioned above. If you have already completed the Gym challenge and thus obtained all 16 badges, you can enjoy this event on a harder difficulty; as the levels of Trainers will increase in recognition of your achievement.

Have fun!

Last edited:

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Small correction: The ferry for Johto is in Cherrygrove, not Goldenrod as previously posted. The first post has been updated accordingly.

Mokhh

Petition to make Razor Claw obtainable again in this event due to the excessive amounts of epic Sneasels getting caught hehe (It's been 5 years)
A high snowflake price would make sense I guess.

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
Petition to make Razor Claw obtainable again in this event due to the excessive amounts of epic Sneasels getting caught hehe (It's been 5 years)
A high snowflake price would make sense I guess.
I'm curious if someday they will be a battle tower item.

Cleetus1992

I have also spent 2 hours looking for the last present, already went thru the map inch by inch. Pretty sure we're talking about somekind of bug or something.

AshKetsup

I have also spent 2 hours looking for the last present, already went thru the map inch by inch. Pretty sure we're talking about somekind of bug or something.
Me too. I've tried space bar in the whole map like 10 times :/

Prof.Rygar

Youngster
@Jinji

Don't players have to buy tickets to get into the event? So the base price to get to the event is $5,000. And $10,000+ if you fail to defeat the initial NPC?

Ramensnoodle

Youngster
Please add a pokeball vender for pokedollars to the event map. Having to leave the map to restock is a bit of a hassle. And yes I know there is a vender selling them for snowflakes but 3 per ultraball is silly.

Last edited:

Prof.Rygar

Youngster
I might bet that the "Shining Present" has something to do with "Grandpa" being the person who takes care of "Rare Eggs".

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Please add a pokeball vender for pokedollars to the event map. Having to leave the map to restock is a bit of a hassle. And yes I know there is a vender selling them for snowflakes but 3 per ultraball is silly.
I have brought this suggestion up with the GEs.

Prof.Rygar

Youngster
the base price to get to the event is $5,000

The reason I bring this up is because new players don't have any money to get into the event so the event is only for veteran players who have enough money to throw away trying to enter the event. I've seen new players get discouraged and leave (although at least 1 had 0 patience) because they cannot afford to keep trying to beat that initial NPC.

And I haven't found any way to enter the event without paying.

Ramensnoodle

Youngster
Is it possible to add an npc that converts Shining Snowflakes to Winter Stones and vice versa? Like 10 snowflakes to 1 stone?

Prof.Rygar

Youngster
I think it would need to be more like 100/ stone. But at least you would get them eventually if you are a dedicated player.